The Rider Waite-Tarot Deck
The world's most popular tarot deck! This classic deck has long been a favorite of beginners as well as tarot enthusiasts.
- The cards were drawn in 1909 by Pamela Colman Smith under the direction of Arthur Edward Waite.
- Smith's vibrant drawings transformed the standard tarot deck.
- The pictorial images on all the cards allow interpretations without the need to repeatedly consult explanatory text.
- The innovative Minor Arcana, and Pamela Colman Smith's ability to capture the subtleties of emotion and experience have made the Rider-Waite Tarot a model for the designs of many tarot packs.
- Rider-Waite Tarot was named one of the Top Ten Tarot Decks of All Time by Aeclectic Tarot.
Dr. Authur Edward Waite, the revered 19th- and 20th-century occultist and metaphysical scholar, had insight enough to create a tarot deck that peers into the human spirit with both subtlety and directness. The Rider Tarot Deck is the only original, authorized Waite deck since his death in 1942, and contains all 78 major and lesser arcana cards. Artist Pamela Colman Smith accents the slightly oversized cards with Roman numerals, bright yellow backgrounds, and Waite-commissioned illustrations. These perceptive images are based on a medieval theme and are known for affecting each user personally. The deck comes with a detailed thumbnail instruction booklet in the box and a small biography about Waite and his legacy.